Friday, July 1, 2011

A Momma Bird...


For about the last month or so a bird has been trying to build a nest on our meter box in the back yard.  I say "trying" because every time she gets it built, my step dad (Brian) takes it down. Let me tell you, this little gal is determined to have her nest here. So I talked Brian into leaving the nest alone (after about the fifth one built) and letting this momma have her babies. She has been sitting on her nest for about two weeks now. I have been curious as to how many eggs she has, so Idecided to take some pictures of her nest, since I'm too short to see for myself. (I was careful not to touch the nest, so I hope she didn't mind =] )


And sure enough, there are three perfect little eggs.

I can't wait to watch these baby birds grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment